Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Broccoli and Stilton soup is a British classic. The seasonal, thick and wholesome soup recipe is the perfect winter warmer to enjoy this cold January. Using our convenient soup maker, you can enjoy a bowl of delicious homemade soup in as little as 21 minutes.
- 25g Butter, salted
- 160g Onion, chopped
- 800g Broccoli florets
- 800ml Water
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 220g Stilton Cheese
- Pinch of Pepper
- Finely chop the onion
- To make vegetable stock, pour boiling water into a measuring jug to the 800ml / 28.15floz. Then add the chicken stock cube and stir until dissolved.
- Place the olive oil in the removable vessel, fit the lid, select Sauté and press Start. After 1 minute carefully add the onion, refit the Lid and sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon until evenly browned gently fry the onion until softened
- If you don't have the sauté function on your soup maker, then sauté the ingredients in a pan on your hob.
- Add in the broccoli florets and pour the vegetable stock into the removable vessel.
- Put on the lid and select smooth setting and let your soup maker do the rest.
- When the soup is done lift the lid and crumble in the stilton cheese and let it melt in.
- Season to taste and enjoy.
Serving Tip: Serve with a crusty bread roll